There’s nothing easy about getting to Heard Island. Our expedition has been delayed until March 2016 as the charter for the vessel we were to sail from Fremantle on did not come through.
And in a good example of “it’s who you know” a few phone calls later a replacement charter has been arranged – but there’s a down side, the expedition roster has been cut from 35 to 15!! I’m clinging to a hope that I’ll make the cut and be on the very reduced team that will now leave Cape Town for Heard Island in March next year.
Fingers and toes crossed – I really want to be heading deep into the Southern Ocean next year….